I think it's a French braid, but I haven't pulled it apart to tell for sure. There are only 4 folds, so it's so short you can hardly tell. But since all of them seem to be coming from the hair mass, I'd say it's a French braid. (If it wasn't, I should see the looping look on the 4th fold, but I don't.)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it was a French Braid, it would have hair at the top, starting off the French Braid. And the end result would look like http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/french.htm , whereas a regular braid, http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/basic3.htm would just be at the bottom, like Elizabeth's. If you look at the final picture here, and imagine it with only a few of the strands crossed over, and not all of it, it would look just like Elizabeth's hair. If it was a French Braid, it wouldn't start at the hair line like that, it would start at the top of the head.

(If it wasn't, I should see the looping look on the 4th fold, but I don't.)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NO idea what you mean by this, LOL, but I'm pretty sure it's not a French Braid. It might not be a regular braid, but a French Braid would require it to start at the top of the head, and gather more hair. Again, I don't have the doll, so I can't say for sure, but it deffinitly looks like it's three strands and they all cross over once, and then, like Miki said, pulled into a low ponytail.

For this Flip-Through/Tail I have a little gadget that I bought in England at one of the 10-p Shops years ago. It's a plastic loop which you put around the ponytail - then pull it close and the long narrow 'stick' you then push in the middle behind the rubberband and pull the ponytail through.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES! I had one of these when I was younger, I was going to mention it, but I couldn't remember the name of it to! ...I still can't!

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 13, 2005 04:12 AM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>